The GoB respects the privacy of the user and is committed to protect the personal and sensitive personal information the user provides while using this App. Personal information means any information that may be used to identify a person, including name, email address, home address, postal or business address or other information of a personal descriptive nature. Sensitive Personal Information means personal information relating to topics such as confidential medical facts, racial or ethnic origins, political or religious beliefs, or sexuality.
1. Please be aware that this App is managed by the Statistical Institute of Belize (“SIB”), a statutory body under the laws of Belize, duly authorized by the Government of Belize. Data inputted from users utilizing the App are accessed and stored via the Amazon Web Services (Amazon AWS) and accessed via the use of secure Application Program Interfaces (APIs).
2. Via the APIs, the Government of Belize, through its Ministry of Health only, is the sole entity that receives and uses the data collected by the App for mandated health screening purposes at international entry points across Belize, as well as, for public health monitoring and contact tracing support, if required.
3. No personal information or sensitive personal information is shared outside of the Ministry of Health, unless so required under laws of Belize or by order of a court in Belize.
4. As per #2 above, be aware that a feature of this App allows the Ministry of Health, using location services, to track the location and movements of the user while the user is in Belize. The tracking feature allows public health authorities of the GoB to ensure that users are adhering to the health and safety protocols imposed under the laws of Belize. The tracking feature is accessed only by authorized personnel of public health authorities of the GoB and only for the specific purposes of monitoring to ensure the user’s compliance with the health and safety protocols imposed under the laws of Belize and for support in contact tracing, when deemed necessary.
5. The Ministry of Health of Belize may disclose the personal information of the user in the interest of public safety, public health or national security, or if the GoB has a good faith belief that the disclosure is necessary to satisfy any law or legal process or for investigation of potential violations of law or to protect the user or others.
6. The GoB’s App may contain links to websites. Once the user has accessed any link which leaves the App, the GoB is no longer responsible for the protection and privacy of any personal information which the user provides while on any other website.