Additional Measures Following the Announcement of First Case of COVID-19 in Belize
1. A state of emergency has been declared for Ambergris Caye for 72 hours to allow the Ministry of Health to conduct the proper mapping and tracing of contacts following the announcement of the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in San Pedro Town, Ambergris Caye. Therefore, no person will be allowed to leave or enter Ambergris Caye during this time. Unauthorized vessels will be banned from leaving or arriving to the island.
2. With immediate effect, all bars, clubs, lounges, and casinos countrywide will be closed.
3. Restaurants will be closed for dining-in effective Wednesday, March 25th at 11:59 p.m. Thereafter, only take-out services will be allowed.
4. A press conference will be held on Wednesday, March 25th to present economic relief measures in order to ease the burden on Belizeans who are being affected by this crisis.
• Practice social distancing by staying home and avoiding large crowds.
• Wash hands regularly with soap and running water for 20 seconds.
• When coughing or sneezing, cover the mouth in the inside of elbows or inside a tissue to be disposed of immediately.
• Avoid close contact with persons who have flu-like symptoms.
• Avoid sharing personal items and disinfect common surfaces.
• If you have travelled to areas where COVID-19 is circulating and you are experiencing fever, cough, or difficulty breathing, seek medical attention immediately.